Terms & Conditions
Specific terms and conditions of trading are shown on the reverse of our current price list.
Email and Internet Use
- All actual orders must go to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All emails involved with support of a general nature must go to: email@example.com This is important because support is covered by several engineers, and individually addressed emails should ONLY be used when that engineer has been identified as being directly involved in the actual design for a specific site. The support site is logged, so that the message can be given to an engineer able to deal with the matter.
- Even where a reference number exists for a job, there is an advantage in using the support address, giving the reference number in the subject line. This can speed procedures, as our engineers are sometimes away on site visits, holidays, etc. and someone else may be able to act if the request needs urgent attention.
- Please avoid any words in the subject line which could be interpreted as being an undesirable SPAM message. This scourge may result in a message being filtered incorrectly. Ampetronic has been targeted by spam generators and others, and our undesirable email volume is very significant.
- Do ensure that the correct spelling is used for the email addresses, as we cannot cope with an ultra-wide range of potential options in how an address is entered.
Full details of the Ampetronic warranty can be found in the Warranty section.
Terms of Sale:
Will be completed in their entirety when stocks allow. Written confirmation of telephoned orders should be clearly marked as such, otherwise we cannot be held responsible should the order be duplicated. Orders may also be submitted by email. The right is reserved to refuse cancellation of any order placed or to suspend delivery of any order from time to time if any account is in arrears. Orders can be accepted by telephone only if an official order number is quoted.
These are current at the time of going to press and are subject to alteration without notice. All goods are invoiced at the prices ruling at the date of despatch.
Our standard trading terms are 30 days from date of invoice. We adhere rigidly to these conditions. Overdue accounts will be placed on a Pro Forma basis, or put on hold. In accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002, after 60 days or unless otherwise agreed, interest will be charged at the rate of 8% plus the current reference rate. In addition to this, debt recovery costs will be claimed on each overdue bill as follows: where the debt is under £999.99, £40 will be charged. Where it is between £1,000 and £9,999.99, £70 will be charged and where the debt is over £10,000, the sum of £100 will be charged. We will send a statement of account showing the invoice amount, interest due and recovery cost applicable when each invoice becomes overdue. We reserve the right to place severely overdue accounts in the hands of a debt collection agency, or similar legal action.
Customers wishing to open a credit account are requested to furnish two Trade and one Banker's reference, stating amount of credit required. Initial orders will be supplied only on a Cash with Order basis until such time as a credit rating is established.
Charges incurred for deliveries will be invoiced at cost, unless the client organises their own collection.
All quotations are given at current prices, and are valid for a period of 30 days.
All contracts between the buyer and the seller shall be governed by English Law.
Manufacturer's terms of warranty will apply where they differ in any respect and acceptance of such goods constitutes an acceptance of such conditions. Goods made specially cannot be cancelled without our written sanction.
LOSS OR DAMAGE
Shortages, goods damaged in transit or non-receipt of goods invoiced, must be notified in writing with invoice number within seven days of invoice date otherwise no claim can be recognised.
No goods can be returned for credit or replacement without prior authorisation by Ampetronic. Such returns must be securely packed and received in a saleable condition in their original cartons and must be covered by your written advice quoting our invoice number and date. Any damage to equipment, or items missing, will be charged for.
Customers returning goods without consent do so entirely at their own risk and no responsibility will be accepted by this Company for such returns. Chargeable repairs for items outside warranty will be invoiced at reasonable cost, plus carriage.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS OF SALE
Ampetronic Ltd. retain the full title to the goods which have been supplied until full payment has been received. The buyer will be responsible for keeping the goods in a condition which allows for further sale if required.